Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year, Ya'll

It's been one hell of a year, and it doesn't look like the pace is going to slow down any time soon.

I believe in New Years resolutions. Last year's went okay. But, a goal is not a goal unless you declare it, right?

So here's what's on tap for 2006:

  1. Be an excellent dad and husband.
  2. Publish another magazine or newspaper article.
  3. Score a 290 or above on the Army Physical Fitness Test. I worked on getting in better shape in 2005. I'm down to the same pants size and weight that I was when I graduated from college ten years ago. Now, I need to smoke some 2LT ass. (2LT B this means you, smart ass!)
  4. Get promoted to Major and deserve it. (I'll think I'll save the field grade lobotomy for 2007.)
  5. Work on my fiction writing. For those of you who didn't know, I'm an aspiring novelist. I've written the best novel you've never read. Actually, it needs a lot of work. This year, I get it done.
  6. Cut back on the Diet Coke. Anyone who knows me knows what I'm talking about.
  7. Start graduate school. Texas State University has a campus in Round Rock TX where they offer a degree in Public Administration with an International Relations focus. I figure I'll just blog my dissertation. That will work right?
  8. Learn something that is new and unnecessary.

Sounds like an OER support form. Any of my reader(s) want to share their resolutions for 2006? And if any of you out there are literary agents, feel free to email me.

2 Comments:

At January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kris and good luck with your goals......All of them. Blogging graduate school is actually a pretty good way to keep things in perspective and to help maintain focus. I'll look forward to your insights through that process.

 
At January 01, 2006, Blogger pebblepie said...

Kiss Kiss ~ Happy New Year!

Interesting Article:

http://news.com.com/Democrats+defeat+election-law+aid+for+bloggers/2100-1028_3-5929587.html?part=rss&tag=5929587&subj=news

Pebble

 

Post a Comment

<< Home