Friday, February 18, 2005

Update to "Eyes Wide Open in Austin"

I didn't end up having the guts to go see the boot memorial. I don't think I trusted myself to be around any type of protestors. My emotions are still pretty raw over the whole thing. Hell, I didn't see any actual "ground combat", and I still not sure how to feel. I can't imagine how anyone who saw a year of combat would deal with running into the people that I didn't want to deal with.

I don't like the war. But, I don't like the protestors very much either. Like that guy who has the "kill-o-meter" posted in his front yard over by Hyde Park Cafe. (I'll post a pic later) There are people who live in this town who are right now in Iraq and AFG. Their families are still here. How the hell do you explain that so somebody's kid or wife if they see it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home