Saturday, September 10, 2005

Wraith Hurricane Update


SSG B's house.

another look

SEPT 14th Update: We're still working out the details. SSG B is leaning towards setting up a bank account that we can donate into. I talked to him on the phone last night. He lost everything. They were thinking about not evacuating, but when the storm got stronger, they left. But, they left everything behind. His sister's house was destroyed too, and he and his wife are out of work. They got the initial $2,000 from FEMA, but other relief is slow. They might get a FEMA trailer, but they aren't sure.

I can't imagine not having anything to my name, but SSG B is hanging tough. They are all alive and well. Things can be replaced, family can't.

Once SSG B and I decide on the best course of action, I'll post more info.

Original Post: I've been in contact with my soldier SSG B. He and his family are safe. Here are some pics of his house that he sent me. They have lost everything. We're working out the details on how we're going to help him.

Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions and support. I never fail to be impressed by the wisdom and generosity of my fellow Americans. More to follow on how we're going to execute our own little hurricane relief operation.

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2005, Blogger Kris Alexander said...

Ah, Comments spam.

Does this mean that I've arrived?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home